Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We value an agile approach, a growth mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. In return, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits, flexible working, and you’ll be supporting our 520 shows in 43 industry sectors and 30 countries, producing events like Comic Con and Gamer Network among many others.
Location: Richmond, London, UK
Reports to: Director of Engineering – Registration and E-COMMERCE
We are building a new registration and e-commerce platform to support our global events, creating seamless experiences for our participants and exhibitors. By its very nature the team we are creating is pivotal in supporting a vast array of services that span across the business. You will lead a highly motivated, collaborative, enthusiastic, distributed cross-functional team. Using a modern tech stack, agile & DevSecOps principals to create services that are of high quality and can deploy changes to production with confidence, safely and reliably.
You will be designing and creating components, applications and algorithms within the ecommerce and registration team and building integrations with services and APIs from other teams. You will partner closely with the Product owner, business analyst, offshore peers and other teams, to develop a new e-commerce platform.
You are responsible for adding value and creating business impacts for Reed Exhibitions in the following areas:
- Team & Tech Leadership: The focus is on leading and mentoring a team of cross functional developers in delivering timely software releases. Qualities of this individual include Leading by example, the ability to set standards, building a cohesive team environment, advocating the use of automation and DevSecOps.
- Product Leadership: The focus is on delivering products and services on time and above customer expectations, understanding lifetime value concepts, being close to the customer and creating impacts
- Excellence: The focus is on simplifying, innovation, clean design, efficiency, streamlined operations, delivery, high quality, reliable, secure solutions and long-term sustainment.
- Teamwork: The focus is on collaboration, communication, support, being SMEs, continuous improvement, having a collective shared responsibility for solutions, and delivering outcomes.
- Problem solving: The focus is on having a questioning mind-set, utilising systems thinking that enjoys investigating, taking action and feeling responsible for delivering results
Skills & Experience
- Team lead experience, involved in the full end-to-end lifecycle, working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Able to mentor other developers in best practice and lead technology design sessions.
- Able to demonstrate building confidence through deep knowledge, being collaborative and customer focused
- A polyglot, expert in c# and react, confident to develop the full stack from through multiple application tiers and enjoys learning new skills
- Experienced in developing engaging front ends backed by microservices with an API first development approach.
- Have ideally worked with highly integrated enterprise systems.
- Cloud application development, preferably AWS.
- A clear understanding of the principles that underscore delivery of secure and reliable solutions with performance, cost efficiency and operational excellence in mind.
- A proven track record of developing high quality loosely coupled solutions.
- Experience with software performance optimisation and knowledgeable of concurrent programming
- Strong experience developing global multi-lingual and multi-tenant systems
- At ease with troubleshooting in complex environments
- Demonstrable skills in maintaining and improving CI/CD workflow processes
- You actively participate in the development community.
- Proven ability to lead geographically distributed teams.
You will have experience in many of the following technologies and practices, or equivalent and be ready to learn where gaps exist.
- Agility: Scrum, Kanban - We are driven by our values in delivering value continually
- Design: SOLID Principles, KISS, YAGANI, Design patterns, Domain Modelling, DDD, CQRS, Event Driven Architectures, micro-services and message queues. We like to keep things simple. You will be asked to contribute to design.
- Testing: Continuous Testing, TDD (XUnit/NUnit), BDD, Logging (Splunk), Integration Tests, Performance Testing (Gatling). We love making our lives easier once our code hits production.
- Software Factory: Git (Bitbucket), Build Orchestration (Bamboo), Artefact Repositories (Proget/Nexus), Sonaqube, powershell, blue-green deployments. We automate as much as possible and then ask ourselves why we did not automate the rest.
- Cloud: AWS, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloudformation
- E-commerce. Magento and/or Salesforce
- Integrations: Contract testing, mocking, monitoring, distributed architectures