Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
An exciting opportunity to become the UK business specialist in revenue-generating digital products, using your expertise to guide sales and marketing to boost sponsorship and media revenues.
As we expand our digital offering, you will be responsible for brainstorming new digital products whilst highlighting the commercial opportunities. This will mean a close relationship with external vendors to keep on top of any product enhancements that can be commercialised, and cascading that information across event teams.
You will be responsible for the sales and marketing adoption of digital products and growth of the sponsorship, media and advertising revenue offering across a number of brands, serving a variety of industries – including travel, cosmetics, aerospace, food & drink, publishing and more. We are looking for a commercially-minded go-getter, comfortable with balancing a number of projects at once, and adapt to changing priorities. A strong understanding of and experience in sponsorship, media or advertising would be an advantage.
You will be apt at measuring performance and spotting opportunities for growth, and conduct a value-led approach to building product packages tailored to customer need. You will have the enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to motivate, encourage, support, coach and challenge the domestic and overseas sales community in selecting and selling the most appropriate products and packages for their clients.
In a nutshell, you will become the expert on the products and be responsible for documenting and scaling the best practice approaches across the UK business.
We are looking for an efficient, customer focused self-starter, with excellent communication and persuasion skills. There are many development and profile-raising opportunities that come with this exciting role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning and developing a central inventory of media, sponsorship and advertising products, supporting adoption and engagement across the business, particularly sales teams
- Building strong relationships with the event and sales teams to support their efforts to drive media & sponsorship revenue on their brands including product knowledge refreshers, guidance on performance, sharing of best practice tips & techniques, and handling FAQs
- Taking a flexible and creative approach, work with teams to create new product and package opportunities, align to customer need, scalable and attractive to customers.
- Provide monthly revenue reports, highlighting which brands are behind and building a tactical plan that addresses how to help the event team get back on track
- Being the go-to person in the business as a specialist of all sponsorship & media products and the marketing and selling techniques to drive revenue
- Articulating complex product features, benefits and specifications in a jargon-free, value-led manner to all levels of the business, and to customers
- Create a highly collaborative environment with best practice sharing across events teams
- Attend domestic and overseas Reed Exhibitions events joining customer meetings to discuss the value of promotional opportunities, and provide recommendations tailored to the customer’s objectives
- Sourcing new vendors for partnership on developing new, creative, experiential activations that can be added to our product offering
- Brief the Sponsorship Fulfilment Team on any new product offerings or packages to enable their team to execute sponsorship efficiently
Key areas of expertise:
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in any of the following roles: media, advertising, marketing, sales or training
- Experience with an emphasis on revenue-generating products would give you an advantage
- A natural aptitude for problem solving
- A confident presenter, able to provide insight and handle concerns through gentle yet effective challenging
- Experience in reading reports to pick out insights and drive actions
- Effective and highly efficient task, project or product management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and good organisational skills
- Knowledge of the following is desirable but not essential: Retargeting / Ecommerce / Mobile Advertising / Native Advertising / PPC / Display
- High level of computer systems comprehension, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook