Job Title: Senior Sales Executive
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events organiser, with more than 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018, Reed Exhibitions brought together more than 7m event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed Exhibitions’ events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 30,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Executive to join the London Book Fair team (https://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/en-gb.html) . You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets and a tenacious can do approach. The ability to build rapport with potential and existing clients is vital. Experience within exhibitions would be an advantage.
- Selling exhibition solutions in the form of space, digital and onsite sponsorship to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face where required
- Attending appropriate Reed Exhibitions’ events and competitor events (both domestic and international) to source new business opportunities, establish and maintaining existing client relationships and expand your own prospect database.
- Play an active role in each the events’ new business plan, by actively seeking out and prospecting new prospects from all relevant sources (online, trade journals, competitive events etc) on a daily basis, identifying new business areas relevant to each event’s show strategy.
- Ensure that you are in engaged with all of your clients either by telephone and/or in person on a regular basis, to maintain strong customer relations.
- Accurately and efficiently manage your own daily sales activities, including liaison with sales, marketing and other support colleagues, along with effective administration using the Salesforce CRM system.
- Where necessary carry out face-to-face presentations to existing and potential exhibitors to secure their involvement in the events.
- Manage a number of our International Sales Group offices on a daily basis, ensuring they maintain and increase their revenue contribution to all events in the Portfolio.
- Accurately report progress through accurate use and updates of Salesforce and forecast revenue projections allowing the Head of Sales and Exhibition Manager to budget accordingly.
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires a well-motivated and confident sales professional who can demonstrate:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (e.g. exhibitions, publishing, B2B environment etc. Exhibitions would be preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to develop & display face to face sales techniques
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional, able to manage their own projects and those of colleagues working remotely/overseas.
- A proven record of successful negotiating skills and ability to secure new business.
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
- Strong IT skills
- The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach
- Knowledge and experience of the marine sector and exhibitions as well as the ability to converse in a second European language would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite for this role.