Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Job Purpose: Lead and implement the full range of BA activities associated the rollout and evolution of Global Business Systems (GBS) across Reed Exhibitions with a focus on the Hyperion suite and global B&F working practices.
Scope: Global Business Systems (Finance) – Budgeting & Forecasting
- As-Is Processes & Gap Analysis: map out and document current B&F practices within various Business Units (BUs) globally using workshops and ongoing dialogue. Perform gap analysis between the as-is and the GBS model, to identify the key areas of change required.
- Migration: support the Global Finance Solutions Group and Technical Workstream in evaluating and agreeing the migration options and scope for each BU based on an assessment of local needs versus the global ways of working and common technology associated with GBS. Actively participate in and influence the complex sequence of migration activities for each BU based on the agreed strategy.
- Functional Configuration: conceiving and implementing configuration changes to the Hyperion Suite into the appropriate environments.
- Functional Enhancements: based on agreed priorities, define and elaborate the specification of improvements to the Hyperion Suite within GBS Finance platform working closely with developers, testers and user representatives to usher these changes into successful daily use.
- Subject Matter Expertise: support or lead the delivery of knowledge transfer sessions designed to explain the GBS Finance B&F technology and working practices to end users and/or super users within each BU by demonstrating sensitivity and relevance to local conditions when required.
- Readiness Planning: collaborating with local BU change & readiness managers and the Finance Solutions Group, provide all necessary inputs into the business readiness plan for each BU.
- Disseminating information via Knowledge Transfer sessions, demos and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Analysing, elaborating and recording detailed needs (both functional and non-functional) through group or one-to-one interaction either in person or virtually via telephone or video conferencing. Comfortable using the OUM/AIM documentation methodology.
- Expressing needs via stories and user/data flow diagrams to capture relevant interactions between actors and systems with the goal of informing system design and/or facilitating migration onto GBS.
- Building a deep understanding of the architecture, data flows, functionalities and inter-dependencies of the GBS technology platform with an emphasis on Budgeting & Forecasting within the Hyperion Suite as well as related areas such as Oracle EBS.
- Supporting the testing phases, including reviewing test scenarios and scripts, in conjunction with testing teams, Finance Solutions Group and BU stakeholders.
- Operating successfully within Reed Exhibitions’ culture and global policies
Skills & Experience
- Skilled in accountancy with experience of acquisition/joint ventures, cash flow reporting, business KPIs and multi-currency translation and cross-rates.
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Analysis or a related field within the finance domain with demonstrable experience of delivering successful change (both to process and technology) in complex international environments.
- Self-aware and open team player who has the confidence to accept constructive criticism of their ideas, who sincerely values the input of others and who recognises and mitigates the assumptions they are making.
- Deep listener with ability to ask clarifying questions to ensure comprehensive understanding beyond the obvious.
- Credible communicator and influencer able to vary pitch and tone according to audience and purpose both orally and in writing.
- Comfortable with technical and B&F-related detail or terminology but able to step back and story tell in plain English when required.
- The ability to think clearly, analyse problems logically and make rational decisions under significant time pressure.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and who can manage their own time effectively.
- Lifelong learner with natural curiosity about how things work and why.
- Method-agnostic, pragmatist who is at ease in either waterfall or agile projects and can easily switch between tasks and contexts on an hour-to-hour basis.
- Empathetic agent of change with a natural awareness of how the journey-of-change “feels” for an end user and how therefore to help them through it to achieve the mission.
- Inspires trust through honesty and confidence through professionalism
- Knowledge of ODI Oracle Data Integrator and DRM (Data Relationship Management) would be an advantage).