Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Sales Executive to join us at The London Book Fair (LBF). The role will focus on sales for across digital events, virtual events, as well as Exhibition stand space and VAS products (Value added services).
The London Book Fair (LBF) is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels. Taking place every spring in the world’s premier publishing and cultural capital, this landmark event, which welcomes over 25,000 publishing professionals, is an opportunity to explore, understand and capitalise on the innovations shaping the publishing world of the future.
You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets and a tenacious can do approach. The ability to build rapport with potential and existing clients is vital. Experience within exhibitions would be an advantage.
- Selling exhibition space and value added products (both digital and physical) to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face to ensure the delivery of the event sales targets
- Account management of all UK clients in the International Rights Centre.
- Attend, where relevant, both Reed Exhibitions and competitor events (domestically and internationally) in order to generate sales (new and existing), maintain relationships, expand the leads database and increase industry knowledge
- Where necessary carry out face-to-face meetings and presentations to existing and potential exhibitors to secure their involvement
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Head of Sales to report and budget accordingly
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires a well-motivated and confident sales professional who can demonstrate:
- Strong sales experience in a relevant environment (e.g. exhibitions, , publishing, B2B environment)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to use face to face sales techniques in addition to phone techniques
- Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and multi task is essential
- Excellent administrative skills
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment
- A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional
- A proven record of negotiating and securing new business
- An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
- Strong IT skills