Reed Exhibitions Australia (RXA) is part of Reed Exhibitions, the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and suppliers come together to do business. As a member of the RELX Group, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers, RX offers integrated market access programs covering exhibitions, trade publications, direct marketing and online digital tools.
One of the key opportunities for RXA is new business growth. In order to achieve this, a team of highly motivated and driven new business professionals tasked with identifying and closing new business across multiple industries such as Energy, Waste, and Mining. Operating at its peak, with systems, processes, strategies and people all working in tune to achieve specific results, as well as actioning new areas of growth, this is a unique opportunity to join the world’s largest events company as part of a new high performance sales team taking your career to the next level.
Purpose of the role
- To actively identify, qualify, call & pursue new business opportunities across Reed Exhibitions portfolios of exhibitions and events.
- Professionally introduce your new customer acquisitions to the Account Manager on the relevant show ensuring quality customer service and customer objectives are handed over.
- Continually seek the next opportunity to convert in your pipeline as you strive towards exceeding your monthly sales target.
- To identify customer objectives and upsell digital revenue wherever possible
- To manage your database professionally, accurately and responsibly in order to provide the best possible service to both internal and external customers.
- To meet and/or exceed your monthly and annual sales targets as prescribed set by the Group Sales Manager.
- To meet and/or exceed annual key objectives as prescribed by the Company Strategy
- Play a key role in the team to drive new business and actively contribute to the team culture
Other Key Responsibilities:
- build and maintain an accurate database of new prospects that supports the performance of your pipeline to achieve sales targets.
- Actively seek and convert new business leads into sales as per the team strategy and timeline.
- Progress the leads gained in the prospecting activities and converting these into customers.
- Targeting lost customers and re-activating them as an existing customer.
- Increase awareness of the show and the benefits of attending other relevant shows.
- Meet and exceed sales activities including telephone activity, proposal presentation, pipeline progression and target attainment
- Provide effective client contact to facilitate positive lasting customer and company results.
- As part of this role you may be required to travel to any exhibition or conference that you are working on
To be successful in this role, you will have
- the ability to generate lead, identify prospect and close sales.
- Computer skills in particular Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to clearly articulate information to customers
- Experience in achieving targets and budgets and to take corrective action if necessary
- Ability to stay focused and be productive within tight timeframes
- Thorough understanding of sales strategies and the ability to create urgency in the sales process
- Effective time management skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously