Position Title: Sales Executive
Reporting To: Group Sales Manager – Energy, Waste, Mining & PAX
Direct Reports: None
- To actively identify, qualify, call & pursue new business opportunities across Reed Exhibitions portfolios of exhibitions and events.
- Professionally introduce your new customer acquisitions to the Account Manager on the relevant show ensuring quality customer service and customer objectives are handed over.
- Continually seek the next opportunity to convert in your pipeline as you strive towards exceeding your monthly sales target.
- To manage your database professionally, accurately and responsibly in order to provide the best possible service to both internal and external customers.
- To meet and/or exceed your monthly and annual sales targets as set by the Group Sales Manager.
- To meet and/or exceed annual key objectives as prescribed by the Company Strategy.
Reed Exhibitions Australia (RXA) is part of Reed Exhibitions, the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and suppliers come together to do business. As a member of the RELX Group, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers, RX offers integrated market access programs covering exhibitions, trade publications, direct marketing and online digital tools.
One of the key opportunities for RXA is new business growth. In order to achieve this, a team of highly motivated and driven new business professionals tasked with identifying and closing new business across multiple industries has been created. Operating at its peak, with systems, processes, strategies and people all working in tune to achieve specific results, as well as actioning new areas of growth, this is a unique opportunity to join the world’s largest events company as part of a new high performance sales team taking your career to the next level.
Key Result Area – To build and maintain an accurate database of new prospects that supports the performance of your pipeline to achieve sales targets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Identifying, Qualifying & Maintaining a database of leads and prospects via Reed’s database, the internet, magazines, social media, competitor trade guides etc
- Entering and updating client information and updating pipeline in Salesforce
- Maintaining a “clean” database through regular checking of client information
- Ensure all client notes are accurate and logged in the CRM in a timely fashion
- Accurate database management
- Minimal errors on systems
- Easy to follow CRM reports or excel spreadsheet
- Proficient on Microsoft Office tools
- New leads and companies added regularly
Key Result Area – To actively seek and convert new business leads into sales as per the team strategy and timeline.
Key Performance Indicators
- Progressing the leads gained in the Prospecting activities and converting these into customers.
- Targeting lost customers and re-activating them as an existing customer.
- Utilise and be proficient in customer contact, prospecting and booking tools.
- Increase awareness of the show and the benefits of attending other relevant shows.
- Individual sales targets for each show are met and/or exceed.
- Meet and exceed sales activities including telephone activity, proposal presentation, pipeline progression and target attainment
- Accurate reports and effective client contact
- Minimal errors and regularly updated information.
- Moving companies up the pipeline and effective conversion/closing rates
- Reactivating lost exhibitors and growing your pipeline with nett new leads
- Apply, embed and demonstrate RX’s C.O.D.E best practice sales methodology in all your sales activity
Customer Service – Follow up & Satisfaction
Key Result Area – To provide effective client contact to facilitate positive lasting customer and company results.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain and develop new customers to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate in a professional and ethical manner.
- Once the sale is confirmed conduct a professional introduction to the Account Manager capturing the customer’s objectives, expectations and metrics for success.
- Maintained Retention
- Positive customer survey results
- Complete the Customer Handover document for the Account Manager and run the introductory meeting outlining next steps
- Positive external and internal customer feedback
- Positive customer survey results, sales objectives reached
*And other duties as directed by your manager
- As part of this role you may be required to travel to any exhibition or conference that you are working on
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Prospecting, lead generation
- Ability to close sales
- Computer skills in particular Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to clearly articulate information to customers
- Experience in achieving targets and budgets and to take corrective action if necessary
- Ability to stay focused and be productive within tight timeframes
- Thorough understanding of sales strategies and the ability to create urgency in the sales process
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to meet multiple sales/work deadlines
- The ability to manage your sales effectiveness across different industries
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and high energy
- Ability to work autonomously
- Customer oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional approach to managing clients and team members
- Demonstrate a high level of professional integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced environment