Project Manager (Digital & Technology) - 12-months fixed term contract
Reporting to the Marketing Technology Manager
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
As Project Manager (Digital and Technology) you will lead and work across a number of digital technology projects ranging from website and data platform migrations through to the delivery of virtual and hybrid event platforms.
Using your expertise in project management you will work with stakeholders across the business to deliver world-class customer experiences and products.
You will work closely with specialist marketing, technology, data and event teams along with our external partners in delivering the assigned projects help the business adopt best practices and common consistent approaches across the many brands. You will build and manage the project plans, overseeing delivery and meeting the requirements of the business. You will work to develop and document common processes and manage a programme of continue improvement and learning.
We are looking for a solid technical understanding of digital and data technologies with an emphasis on project delivery, improving customer experiences and data integrations. You must be prepared to work primarily with waterfall project management techniques and immovable deadlines, though experience and a good understanding of agile techniques would also be beneficial. You must be enthusiastic and a keen learner, who is self-motivated and can use your initiative in this fast changing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering technology or digital projects in both Waterfall and Agile environments with Prince 2 qualified preferred
- An excellent understanding of Enterprise CMS, CRM, DMP and Web Portals.
- Able to build effective relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Highly organised; can manage projects, able to multi-task, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- A strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and customer journeys
- A strong understanding of data management and BI reporting
- Experience of working with 3rd parties to integrate data via APIs
- Both self-sufficient and an enthusiastic team player
- Able to work calmly under pressure with great attention to detail
- Excellent customer service in a high pressure environment
- Risk Management
- User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Good Presentation Skills