Job Title: Paralegal (12-months fixed term contract)
Reports to: Head of Legal
Based at: Richmond, UK, Surrey
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, flexible and dynamic paralegal to join the existing legal department on a fixed term basis to assist the legal department (comprising three senior lawyers). You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets and meeting deadlines, and a tenacious and practical ‘can do’ approach to finding solutions to problems which arise.
- Preparing and checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content.
- Managing and updating supplier/customer contract templates and precedents.
- Assisting lawyers with more complex contracts as appropriate.
- Assisting with managing trademark portfolio in conjunction with RELX IP Counsel and supporting with other IP related matters such as drafting cease and desist notices.
- Researching and reporting on current and new legislation and guidance.
- Working with compliance team to manage internal projects and to ensure contracts database is kept up to date.
- Assisting with preparation and/or collation of company secretarial documents, including coordinating signatures/arranging notarisations as required.
- Supporting Head of Legal with internal legal tracking and reporting requirements.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritise
- Knowledge of contract law and GDPR regulations
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to learn and understand the business
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with all areas of the business and our stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently in a supportive environment
- Self-motivated and able to respond to urgent requirements and to escalate matters, where appropriate
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Committed to providing an excellent service to the business