Job Title: MARKETING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) – in-cosmetics Korea
Reports to: Event Director
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to work on in-cosmetics Korea, Korea’s dedicated event and online resource for personal care ingredients, which is part of the in-cosmetics Group, a portfolio of five B2B events in Europe, Asia and South America.
in-cosmetics Korea was launched in 2015 and runs annually (in July) in Seoul, South Korea. In 2019, 288 exhibitors from 27 different countries exhibited their personal care ingredients – and associated services - to 9,000+ predominantly Korean visitors from cosmetic/contract manufacturers and distributors. The event covers almost 3,800+ m2 and stand sales are supported by an international sales team based around the globe. in-cosmetics Korea also boasts a very popular dual language (Korean/English) educational programme and show features.
The candidate will have experience in developing and implementing international marketing campaigns for events and a tenacious can-do approach. Based at Reed Exhibitions’ headquarters in Richmond, the candidate will join a global team, will report to the in-cosmetics Korea Event Director and will enjoy matrix management support from Richmond-based executives and a full time Conference and Content Manager. International travel to Korea and the European show also forms part of the role.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies including visitor & exhibitor communication campaigns to meet the event’s strategic objectives
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions, competitor data and producing effective and engaging marketing plans
- Developing / overseeing multi-channel online and offline marketing activities to achieve frequent, timely and effective event promotion
- Analysing and measuring online & offline campaign effectiveness
- Using your creative ability to develop show initiatives and special events/features to enhance event content
- Expanding / enhancing the database / prospecting for new business
- Managing copywriting, print production & artwork in-house and with external suppliers.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with industry associations, media partners and key suppliers. Researching and negotiating barter agreements
- Liaising with PR agency and devising a compelling PR communications strategy
- Supporting the sales team to drive space sales & sponsorship
- Managing the coordination of both visitor and exhibitor registration processes with third party suppliers (online + in Korea)
- Developing an annual marketing budget and delivering marketing activity on time and within budget.
Ideal candidate profile
- Korean-language (native level) and excellent English
- A highly driven and enthusiastic marketing professional
- Proven track record in marketing, preferably in the exhibition/event environment
- A good understanding of web based marketing, segmented marketing initiatives and databases
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- A strategic thinker and team player
- The creative ability to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
- A willingness to travel (internationally), work in a global team of professionals building effective relationships with partners and suppliers and be culturally sensitive
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise a workload of a demanding event
- Market knowledge of the cosmetic ingredients industry would be an advantage