To manage an internal marketing department that provides marketing and creative solutions within Reed Exhibitions Singapore and Indonesia. Responsible for overall planning and development of Reed Exhibitions’ SIM marketing strategies (including e-products marketing strategy), marketing communications, and public relations programs. Strive to enhance overall marketing quality, sharing best practices, reducing average cost per visitor, improving customer retention, satisfaction and customer insights. Embrace new marketing tools/ social media, develop database management SOP.
- Strategize and facilitate a comprehensive marketing plan including but not limited to on/offline, above/below the line, direct mail, advertisements which will enhance the event’s and organizer’s image and define clearly the event’s position and value proposition within the marketplace with distinct differentiation from the competition
- Oversee marketing budget through effective cost management and negotiations and leveraging partnerships, in particular with relevant trade publications
- Develop and prospect customers and implement customer relationship management programs with a view to develop a customer community of exhibition participants including: Develop/define customer profile and segmentation through market research and in terms of what targeted customers (both exhibitors and visitors) do, feel and think. Design appropriate conduct customer behavior & satisfaction surveys .Design and implement customer relationship management programs to engage customers
- Oversee all PR and communications activities including external communications and systems, especially industry stakeholders including government, Public relations efforts, External vendors and consultants. Develop and implement media plan covering adverts design and placing, press release & PR articles producing and distribution
- Oversee marketing database which includes customer and prospect information as well as implement database marketing such as Tele-marketing, DM, e-blast, etc.
- Oversee e-marketing efforts including supervision of shows’ official website design, maintenance, SEO, SEM as well as e-blast. Strive to develop non space products and services including company e-offering
- Ensure all marketers foster good working relations with content providers including websites, trade publications to enrich website and other marketing collaterals
- Management of marketing service vendors to ensure consistent branding, standard, timeline and creating ROI evaluation benchmarks with a view to creating more value for the exhibition’s brand
- Collaborate with associations and titles to organize qualify conferences that focus on industry trends with primary responsibility for the delivery of a high-level congress if appropriate
- Define and set up clear measurements on the return of investment for all marketing initiatives and efforts.
- Train and support all marketers with a view to promote marketing culture within all business units to improve the quality of our products and services
- Champion marketing effectiveness programs to all business units and to promote growth and commercial performance of all our shows. Ensure there is good platform to showcase and sharing of best practices among the different clusters/ shows. Review and consistently update marketing training materials so that all marketers are kept update to date and abreast of market latest trends and development
To be successful, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree or above in journalism, marketing, public relations and business preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success with an international company; prefer candidates with background in events marketing and B2B trade marketing
- A proven track record in developing marketing strategies and programs with clear ROI
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations programs
- Demonstrated successful experience in writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Experience in overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications; and in developing and managing budgets
- Good grasp of digital capabilities skillsets