Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The position is for a Junior FP&A analyst and the overall role is to support the finance function, becoming an expert in key finance team processes working on but not limited to: show set up, product set up. The position also requires close business partnering with the events team on the “Show Set Up Process” to enable them to contract and invoice on a timely basis
The UK Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC) has been created on a couple of key principles: standardisation, consolidation and better efficiency of global processes across all UK business (Reed Exhibitions UK/Mack-Brooks/GamerNetwork/Corporate).
The candidate is expected to take a proactive role in transforming the UK finance function into a centre of excellence and to be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification.
Enablement of contracting and invoicing for the Exhibitions Events. This will involve liaising with a number of departments in the Event teams.
- Manage the Event setup and close down process in Oracle EBS
- Set up new products for Events
- Creation of Event price books in Oracle Pricing
- Advise on optimal ways to create the desired pricing in the system
- Continuous improvements to help the Show Set Up process become more efficient
- Attendance onsite in a finance capacity
- Managing pre-onsite process to support the senior FP&A finance managers
- Other ad-hoc finance duties as required
Ideal candidate profile
This position requires a professional person who can forge relationships and can demonstrate:
- A commitment to a career in finance
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with differing members of the business
- A candidate looking to develop and their knowledge of accounting
- A positive organised approach, able to manage a number of competing tasks and able to get things done
- Experience on software packages with good Excel skills
- Evidence of a pro-active approach to their responsibilities.