Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
IT support engineer is one of the key IT team specialists and is responsible for system administration and users support.
The role is currently some working time at the office and some time remotely (due to COVID-19 limitations). Normal working hours are 40 hours per week, either 9.00 to 18.00.
IT support engineer is responsible for:
- everyday helpdesk support and administering of working stations and office appliances in the office and remotely
- maintenance and administering of office telephone equipment Avaya, servers HP and telecommunicational equipment Cisco
- 1C applications first line support
- equipment and services providers relationship
- daily communication with data processing center in the head office (the UK) regarding troubleshooting, software upgrading, information safety and project matters
- equipment inventory count and maintenance of order in the IT storage and in server room
- preparing and maintenance of part of equipment for remote work, installation and maintenance of it at the show venues
- some everyday IT support of the company
Skills & Experience
Needed experience is a few years’ successful track record in a similar position.
A successful candidate will also have:
- Russian citizenship
- higher education in a relevant sphere
- similar work experience of not less than 1,5 year
- experience in work with office software on an administrator level
- experience of assembly, reparation, upgrading of working stations hardware and servers
- Russian language – fluent, English language - at Upper Intermediate level or higher + professional vocabulary for regular communication (including phone talks) with colleagues abroad
We look for a responsible person, client focused, with good communication skills (able to talk to users in simple understandable language with minimum special IT terms), attentive and able to meet deadlines.