Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The Global Risk & Compliance Analyst will support the Director of Risk and Compliance in developing and overseeing an enhanced common framework for global risk assessment and mitigation. Focus will be on business and operational risks, working alongside Reed Exhibitions' separate Information Security and Data Privacy teams as necessary.
Primary scope and objectives will include:
- Partnering with individual Business Units (‘BUs’) and RX global functions to embed a consistent and ongoing risk assessment and risk mitigation programme, consistent with RELX requirements
- Developing and embedding enhanced common standards for delivery of key elements of this programme, with initial focus on business continuity and resilience planning
- Providing operational assurance over relevant processes and ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
Risk Analysis & Reporting
- Ensure that all BUs are regularly reviewing key business risks in accordance with RX and RELX requirements. Challenge these assessments and assist local Business Unit management with their analysis as necessary
- Identify key/common mitigating controls, recommending (and then monitoring) appropriate actions to fill control gaps
- Analyse and summarise themes and trends for periodic reporting to the RX Compliance Committee, BU leaders, SRCOs and RELX
- Promote enhanced risk awareness and communication processes across RX
- Support the development of an enhanced global programme to assess maturity of BU-level business continuity plans and assure alignment with RX and RELX risk management objectives
- Work with local management to mitigate any gaps in a manner consistent with other BUs or common RX standards
- Enhance and promote tools and templates that help the BUs meet the required planning and testing standards
- Assist the BUs with testing their plans (in conjunction with the RX Technical Resilience Lead) and perform BU-level assurance reviews on a rotating basis
- Define appropriate metrics for assurance reporting
Projects, IT controls and SOX
- As part of the wider risk management environment, work with the global Transformation and IT teams, the PMO Audit & Compliance Analyst and the RX Finance team as necessary to:
* Identify any impacts on the global risk landscape from planned IT system roll-outs or enhancements
* Assist as required with the design and review of relevant controls, including IT controls
* Assist as required with the independent testing of those IT controls which are in-scope for SOX purposes
- Liaise with the business and internal/external auditors to ensure the remediation of relevant findings
Other Compliance and Monitoring
- Conduct due diligence enquiries on new customers and suppliers, as requested by the business, under the RX Trade Sanctions (screening) policy. Keep the policy up to date, in conjunction with the RELX Compliance team
- As necessary, work with the RX Global Health, Safety and Security Manager to review exhibition-specific risk assessments and conduct site visits to monitor compliance
- Work with the RELX Audit & Risk Management office to monitor status of internal audit findings and follow up with individual BUs or Corporate management as required
- Develop strong partnerships and feedback loops across the BUs that encourage learning and the sharing of best practice
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a risk management, audit, finance or internal control-related role, with a relevant professional qualification
- Experience in an international business (ideally in the live events or exhibitions industry) and/or previous involvement in business continuity management would be beneficial but is not essential
- Able to work independently and pro-actively, demonstrating both technical ability and professional behaviours and able to influence both local BU and Corporate management through reasoned, objective analysis.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to engage with management at all levels, assertive, diplomatic and culturally aware. A ‘hands on’ approach is therefore essential, clearly focused on improving operational outcomes and increasing standardisation of processes where appropriate.