Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events business, with almost 500 events in over 43 countries. We are trusted worldwide to deliver market-leading events, where participants meet face to face to do business, to network and to learn and our extensive portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors. They include construction, electronics, energy and alternative energy, engineering, entertainment, gifts and jewelry, healthcare, hospitality, interior design, logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, real estate, recreation, security and safety, transport and travel.
Each year, our exhibitions and conferences bring together over 7 million active participants generating billions of dollars in business for its customers, and boosting the local economies where the events are hosted. With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries. Reed Exhibitions is a member of the RELX Group, a FTSE 100 company.
This role is a key part of our effort to add digitally-enabled, data-driven products to our customers’ experience around our exhibition and event brands.
The Global Product Owner is a critical role, ensuring alignment and seamless engagement between the Digital Programme team, the Product Delivery team and other key stakeholders around the business. The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder and a driven personality to lead and inspire cross-functional teams to build exceptional products and services. You will be part of a forward-thinking team charged with developing world-class digital products and experiences for our customers. That means building a deep understanding of our internal and external customers and their objectives.
Cultural fit is also very important to us, and, as such, the candidate should enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, hands-on environment with a can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate will be confident with new product definition, agile development processes and tasks, have a keen focus on customer insights, customer value and customer engagement and an experienced process and project manager with proven success in digital product development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and translate platform road map into manageable product backlog
- Manage, adjust for risk, and prioritize product backlog
- Develops clear go to market launch plans through coordinated development with external customer facing teams such as local show marketing and sales teams.
- Become familiar with the organizational development practices, platform requirements, and project management framework
- Liaise with Product Director to understand the changes in platform roadmap and to communicate any changes to the product backlog to support communications, release planning and sprint planning exercises
- Understand Agile estimation approaches and allow the team to manage itself
- Push the Product Director and pull the team to achieve the best outcomes for the business and customers, to maintain continuous velocity stream, ensure quality, eliminate escaped defects and motivate team.
- Work closely with User Experience Designer within the team to understand customer needs and design the best possible solutions for customers and business.
- To be a critical part of the team decision making body, working continuously with Technical Leadership and Iteration Management to focus on the best outcomes within our planned commitments.
- Gathers, evaluates and has a solid understanding of customer use cases and maintains close contact with customers to gain a sense for where the market is heading.
- Develops product vision and roadmap plan aligned with business strategy and communicates across all critical stakeholders.
- Leverages metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensures that product efforts move those metrics.
- Is proficient at pulling and accessing data from multiple sources, and managing through data ambiguity.
- Identifies the most important data to consider and sets KPIs, priorities and dashboards.
- Considers various options to balance complex conflicting priorities.
- 5+ years’ work experience with progressive leadership responsibilities, including at least 2 years of deep digital product ownership experience, developing, building and deploying digital solutions to drive customer value and business outcomes.
- Significant experience working in agile development environments as a product owner
- Deep understanding of the direction the digital landscape is going and a passion for all things digital, including a focus on delivering measurable business value
- Comfortable and effective in complex project environments, and working with both long-range and short-term business objectives
- Comfortable with leadership through influence
- Comfortable managing and leading new process improvements in a changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and a commitment to providing feedback to help iterate the business
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, presentation, organizational and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills
- Intellectual curiosity - lives for new and emerging needs, and is hungry to keep learning
- Personal desire to achieve challenging objectives with intelligence, analysis, pragmatism, resilience, positive attitude, drive, and enthusiasm
- Self-starter with initiative - able to manage up, down and across the organisation
- Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred
- Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
- Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans
- Encourages cooperation between all members of the team
- Seeks team members’ input and expertise; facilitates open and interactive discussion of matters affecting the team
- Helps people to resolve conflict
- Is able to both actively listen to and effectively question to understand another’s viewpoint
- Shares own specialist skills and knowledge with other members of the team
- Follows through on commitments to ensure they are successfully completed and goal are achieved
Why work with us?
- You’ll work in a growing global business, full of talented passionate people who are rightly proud of our brands who are pushing our historic boundaries to unlock new value via digital products and services.
- We work to the highest professional standards as are trusted by thousands of customers to deliver hundreds of shows every year
- You’ll be creating opportunities that make a difference to economies across the globe
- We will empower you to be at your creative best to the benefit of customers
- Work in fun, exciting, pioneering business that opens up new frontiers and constant new opportunities
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reed Exhibition Companies reserves the right, solely at their discretion, to change the nature and level of this position.