Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to connect face-to-face or digitally and generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
The position of Global Health, Safety and Security Manager is a global role to ensure that Reed Exhibitions (RX demonstrates best in class health, safety and security management at events and in local offices. Working hands-on with the Operations Leadership team (‘OLT’) and local BU management, the role will set/refine global standards, ensure consistent local ownership, develop local competencies and coach performance. The role will also provide operational assurance over relevant processes and ensure that feedback generates ongoing improvement.
Policy & Standards
- Ensure that global OHS policy and management systems are in place, periodically updated and appropriately embedded within the global Operations community.
- Ensure that every BU understands and consistently applies health, safety and security legislation that is relevant to their business, keeps up to date and brings changes and recommendations for improvement to both global and local leadership teams
- Ensure that common RX operating and reporting standards are clearly defined and understood across the business.
- Agree annual health, safety and security objectives with each BU that drive improvement and increase consistency across the globe.
- Ensure global incident planning and management standards are in place and regularly tested at event and corporate level
- Develop and implement enhanced communication and awareness processes across RX
- Enhance and promote practical tools/templates that help the BUs meet the required RX and local health, safety and security standards.
- Provide training and assistance where required to ensure that local planning by budget holders and those with health, safety and security responsibilities is completed competently.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient health, safety and security risk assessments and management plans are in place (and implemented) for every event and at each RX office or operating site.
Review and assurance
- Oversee (and establish if needed) each BU’s internal review programme and progress against targets.
- Oversee (and establish if needed) an assurance programme for events and management systems and ensure (in conjunction with the OLT) that recommendations are communicated and acted upon. The programme is likely to require a ‘peer review’ process, enabling country-specific Operations teams to learn from and support one another
- Ensure that local management processes include all necessary record-keeping and reporting, including external reporting under local health and safety requirements
- Develop feedback loops that encourage learning and improvement within and across BUs
- Report performance and improvement biannually to the Global Leadership Team
- Provide monthly updates to the OLT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of health, safety and security management in an international business, ideally in the live events or exhibitions industry
- Able to demonstrate leadership and management skills both through technical ability and professional behaviours. Highly collaborative at all levels, assertive, diplomatic and culturally aware.
- Sets a personal example engaging with business, with proven ability to influence areas not under direct control. A ‘hands on’ approach with a willingness to travel and sense of humour, clearly focused on ever-improving outcomes
- Recognised IOSH/NEBOSH senior Health and Safety qualifications (or equivalent), with additional experience in areas such as security or crowd management highly beneficial.