Job Title: Data Protection Manager, FTC 8 Months (Maternity Leave Cover)
Reports to: DPO / Director of Privacy, Global
Based at: Richmond, Greater London, UK
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
Job Purpose: This position will support the Data Protection Officer in ensuring that Reed Exhibitions continues to meet our global privacy obligations.
- Supporting the RX Privacy Office in providing the business high-quality and timely advice on compliance with all aspects of privacy and data protection compliance globally, including GDPR;
- Leading on the completion of DPIAs / PIAs and other privacy risk assessments to assess the impact of proposed changes to business processes and agree appropriate mitigating actions with Risk Owners;
- Measuring and tracking privacy compliance activity and communicating privacy status to the Business Unit Board and RX Privacy Office;
- Embedding requirements, processes and standards set by the RX Privacy Office; this includes the implementation of a business unit privacy and data protection compliance project that dovetails into the RX Global Privacy and Data Protection Compliance Programme;
- Reviewing and drafting of privacy notices and supplementary notices relevant to specific processing activities;
- Updating of the data inventory and reviewing of data flows;
- Delivering tailored privacy compliance training programmes in conjunction with the RX Privacy Office;
- Assisting in, and review of rights requests and associated processes; and
- Assisting in audit reporting processes.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The business is looking for a candidate with extensive data protection knowledge and experience in a commercial environment. Such knowledge and experience should include:
- Extensive working knowledge of the GDPR and e-Privacy Directive with the ability to analyse legislative requirements and relate these to organisational practices and solutions;
- Working knowledge of data protection law in global jurisdictions;
- Deep understanding of online platforms, systems, data and processes;
- Strong ability to engage effectively and create buy-in with all levels of the organisation;
- Ability to provide clear and effective communication and reporting on changes and issues;
- A highly visible champion in the business with a can do attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others;
- Ability to move at pace and use different improvement strategies appropriate to the scope of work;
- Ability to take control and exercise leadership;
- Well organised and efficient, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a global team; and
- Ability to travel as needed
- Responsive and service-oriented
- Organised / Process driven
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative (low ego), collaborative and flexible
- Commercially sensitive
- University degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in English is required.
- CIPP/E, CIPM or other officially recognised privacy certification a must.