WHO WE ARE:
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we’re helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer-based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast-paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we’d like to meet you!
ABOUT CENTRAL MARKETING:
Our Central Marketing team is a highly collaborative group that supports all US trade shows and events by creating and executing on all marketing plans. We are fast-paced and dynamic—changing priorities require agility, flexibility and the ability to stay calm under pressure. We share our work, celebrate our successes and learn from our experiences. The bonds forged here help us grow not only our careers, but deep and lasting friendships. The Central Marketing department consists of specialty groups dedicated to Content Management, Campaign Management, Digital Marketing, Marketing Delivery, and Web & Graphic Design.
CONTENT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
Reed Exhibitions is looking for an experienced and creative Content Manager to oversee the development and execution of digital, print, and social media content across all marketing channels. You will play a key role in the event brand messaging and promotional strategy, working with your Central Marketing colleagues, marketing leadership, and the broader event management community. The Content Manager will collaborate with the marketing and design teams to plan and develop engaging content across all marketing channels for various audiences, for both face-to-face events as well as digital/virtual event offerings.
Specifically, Content Manager responsibilities include:
- Work within a team of Content Managers and Content Specialists, equipped to develop and deliver multi-channel content that is consistent, fit for purpose and which puts the customers’ needs and experience at the heart of its offering
- Play an active role in bringing the relevant business partners together to ensure that content planning, creation and brand proposition is approached as a strategic deliverable. You will work to ensure that each team is aware, able and ready to deliver their part of the experience
- Work with the business to deliver key messaging planks and creative, content-led campaigns which are developed within brand guidelines and reflect the brand’s tone of voice. Develop a strong understanding of each event’s brand, voice & positioning
- Plan and execute a content strategy that drives high engagement, in collaboration with the Marketing Director, Sales Director and event leadership. Build a 365 approach which demonstrably improves year-round engagement with our customers, leveraging content for 365 relevance through digital experiences and webinars
- Introduce and manage editorial calendar of activity across your events, working with the business to ensure content is created, channels are updated, and collateral is delivered on time and to expectations. Re-purpose content across various channels and formats – including email campaigns, social media, websites, and ads (digital and print)
- Write and edit content for all customer email campaigns targeting both the attendee and exhibitor audiences, working with the Campaign Management team to integrate customer journeys and behavior into the email content strategy
- Responsible for content planning and delivery across all social media accounts, including paid social media advertising. Incorporate best practices and focus on growing customer engagement
- Work with the Web & Graphic Design team to combine copy with visuals to complete concepts
- Provide input on annual refresh of brand creative and website design
- Monitor, analyze and report on content performance. Identify top-performing content against set metrics; use this insight to personalize and optimize content for greater customer engagement
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- 3-5 years agency experience or in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
- Strategic marketing and value proposition development experience
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content focused on customer engagement
- Experience with social media and email campaign management
- Strong leadership and people-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment—functions well under pressure and flexibility to work with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Collaborative team player who works well in a team setting and across departments
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator preferred