CONTENT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
Reed Exhibitions is looking for an experienced and creative Content Manager to oversee the strategy & execution of year-round content to drive brand awareness & audience engagement across all marketing channels. You will play a key role in the event brand messaging and promotional strategy, working with your Central Marketing colleagues, marketing leadership, and the broader event management community. Primary responsibilities include delivering and enhancing the 365 program throughout the “always on” execution cycle. The Content Manager will collaborate with the marketing, digital, sales & design teams to plan and develop engaging content across all marketing channels for various audiences, for both face-to-face events as well as digital/virtual event offerings.
Specifically, Content Manager responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute 365 content strategy and experience program that leverages data driven insights, content standards and customer experience advancements to increase audience size, CSAT, engagement, conversion rate, brand awareness and sales in collaboration with MD, DS & ED.
- Introduce and manage editorial calendar of activity across your events, working with the business to ensure content is created, channels are updated, and collateral is delivered on time and to expectations. Re-purpose content across various channels and formats – including email campaigns, social media, websites, and ads (digital and print)
- Identify industry trends & think out of the box about your industry and how best to deliver relevant and exciting content to drive growth and engagement
- Deliver multi-channel content that is consistent, fit for purpose and which puts the customers’ needs and experience at the heart of its offering
- Monitor analyse and report on content performance. Identify top-performing content against set metrics; use this insight to personalize and optimize content for greater customer engagement Works within partner teams (reg, sales, D&A) to measure progress and drive actions from daily insights.
- Provide marketing and sales leadership with new business insights and knowledge of 365 experience strategies and expected performance against targets.
- Play an active role in bringing the relevant business partners together to ensure that content planning, creation and brand proposition is approached as a strategic deliverable. You will work to ensure that each team is aware, able and ready to deliver their part of the experience
- Work with the business units to deliver key messaging planks and creative, content-led campaigns which are developed within brand guidelines and reflect the brand’s tone of voice. Develop a strong understanding of each event’s brand, voice & positioning
- Work with the SEO, web, digital & graphic design team to combine copy with visuals to complete concepts tracking customer journeys and engagement on websites. Bi-annually, provide input on annual refresh of brand creative and website design
- When applicable, architect an in person conference program designed around year round learnings to drive attendance, engagement and sales. Work to create hybrid experiences across all platforms pre, during and post show
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- 3-5 years agency experience or in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
- Strategic marketing and value proposition development experience
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content focused on customer engagement
- Experience with social media and email campaign management
- Strong leadership and people-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment—functions well under pressure and flexibility to work with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Collaborative team player who works well in a team setting and across departments
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator preferred