Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, analytical and creative problem solver to join the Reed Exhibitions Group Strategy team to focus on Sales Analytics.
Sales effectiveness, and specifically the use of analytics to drive and measure improvement, is a key strategic priority for our new CEO and essential for our success after Covid-19. As such a new Sales Analytics team one manager and two analysts) is being created and the primary focus of this role is to support those efforts. Once sales analytics is established there may be the opportunity and need to work on other strategic topics.
It’s not a typical analyst role! While frequently using your data and statistical modelling skills, you will also build your consulting skills (managing projects from initial scoping to implementation, communicating complex insights articulately to your colleagues and working with diverse leadership teams and cultures) and learn how to succeed inside a high performing business.
Our focus is real business engagement and impact, which means you can develop faster than in many other roles. We place high importance on the professional growth of our team members, and intend this new team to move on and up within Reed Exhibitions and RELX.
The Analyst will be based in Reed Exhibitions office in Richmond (London), and will report to the Group Manager for Sales Analytics. The role will require occasional travel (1 week in 6) to our various global offices for project meetings and workshops.
How you will spend your time?
1. Projects (approx. 70%):Supporting business units on transformational projects e.g. redesigning a sales compensation model, applying best practice analytics to support a business leader developing a new sales strategy.
- Defining the problem and project timescales with stakeholders
- Identifying and sourcing data
- Using advanced analytics to gain relevant insights from the data
- Using frameworks to facilitate decision making
- Preparing effective presentation material to communicate your insights
- Collaborating with BU teams in implementation, measurement and review
2. Best Practices (approx. 20%):Define, document, communicate and demonstrate best practices:
- Building a network across the group
- Creating best practice content based on analytics innovations and our project work
- Publishing papers and sharing case studies
- Organising and running events, webinars and workshops
- Enthusiastically sharing project work learnings with leaders and teams
3. Advice & Development (approx. 10%): Personal development, ad-hoc guidance for leaders and teams, external input
- Contributing to workshops to help tackle key strategic challenges
- Actively seeking and communicating insights and ideas from outside the exhibitions industry
- Transferring skills and capabilities wherever possible to colleagues we work with
- Continuously developing your own skill set and capability
Skills & Experience
Must have – Expertise in:
- Data Visualisation tools – Tableau and Power BI
- Advanced analytics techniques (e.g. linear / logistic regression, clustering, classification modelling, factor analysis)
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Generating insights from customer data, ideally in Media or Business Information sectors
- Thinking strategically and tactically – seeing the “big picture” and operational details
- Communicating and presenting, both written and oral
Nice to have, expertise in:
- Web analytics, particularly using Google or Adobe Analytics
- Project Management
- Strategic Pricing
- Sales Optimisation
- Primary research techniques (quantitative or qualitative)
- Analytically inquisitive: always exploring data further, never satisfied you’ve found all the insight
- Impact orientated: on the business performance not just your specific deliverables
- Detail orientated: when working with raw data, presentation materials and implementation
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Collaborative and trust-worthy
- Ability to:
- work well with virtual teams, building new relationships quickly and often
- present complex data and concepts concisely and reflecting audience needs
- effectively work and lead projects in multi-cultural, multi-national environments
- provide coaching to colleagues
- continuously learn, welcome constructive feedback, find opportunities to develop new skills
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics
- 3 years+ experience practicing advanced analytics and working with data, ideally in large corporate environments