Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants. Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: This is an entry-level position that will work with one or more Business Units, supporting multiple assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality, and strategic targets. With guidance and supervision from more senior members of the team, this role will undertake requirement gathering, analysis and definition and testing of business applications and functionality.
• Experience equivalent to BS Engineering/Computer Science
• BS/BA degree in relevant IT discipline; Commercial BA/Testing or equivalent experience required
• Ability to maintain automated test scripts.
• Understanding of As-Is and To-Be processes.
• Basic understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
• Understanding of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications.
• Basic understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Moderate facilitation skills a plus.
• Basic oral and written communication skills.
• Analyze and document basic requirements and business processes.
• Develop basic systems specifications, process flow, and conversion strategies.
• Create basic technical and functional user documentation.
• Follow established business processes, protocols, and quality standards in the development and deployment of basic solutions.
• Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers as necessary.
• Develop “trusted advisor” relationship with stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects.
• All other duties as assigned.